St. Lawrence Rehabilitation Center
Financial Assistance Policy
Plain Language Summary ("PLS")
The St. Lawrence Rehabilitation Center (SLRC) Financial Assistance Policy ("FAP") exists to provide eligible patients with partially or fully-discounted medically necessary healthcare services. Patients seeking financial assistance must apply for the programs offered. The following is a summary of the policy:
Eligible Services - Medically necessary healthcare services provided and billed by SLRC. The FAP only applies to services billed by SLRC. Related services separately billed by other providers, such as independent consulting physicians, may not be covered under FAP.
Eligible Patients - Patients receiving eligible services who submit a completed financial assistance application ("Application") (including related documentation/information) and who are determined eligible for financial assistance by SLRC.
How to Apply - The FAP and related Application may be obtained/submitted as follows:
- Visiting the SLRC website at www.SLRC.org
- Requesting documents by mail by calling SLRC;s Business Office at (609) 896-9500 Ext. 2235.
- By visiting the Admission Office in person located at 2381 Lawrenceville Road, Lawrenceville, NJ 08648m between the hours of 8:30 AM and 4:30 PM.
- Mail completed Applications (with all documentation/information) specified to
2381 Lawrenceville Road
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
Attn: Business Office
Determination of Financial Assistance Eligibility - Generally, uninsured patients are eligible for financial assistance. Additionally, underinsured patients may be eligible, using a sliding scale, when their family gross income is at or below 200% of FPG (Federal Poverty Guidelines). Eligibility for financial assistance means that eligible patients will have their care fully or partially discounted and will not be billed more than"Amounts Generally Billed ("AGB") to insured persons (AGB, as defined in IRC §501® by the Internal Revenue Service). Financial assistance levels, based solely on family gross income and FPG, are:
- Underinsured individuals with family gross income at 0 to 100% of FPG, Full financial assistance; $0 is billable to the patient.
- Underinsured individuals with family gross income greater than 100% but less than or equal to 20% of FPG: Partial financial assistance; AGB is maximum billable to the patient.
- All uninsured individuals, Partial financial assistance; AGB is maximum billable to the patient.
SLRC Business Office Manager or another designee will review submitted applications and determines financial assistance eligibility in accordance with SLRC FAP. If an incomplete application is received, the applicant will be notified and given an opportunity to furnish the required missing documentation/information.
SLRC translates its FAP, Applications and PLS in other languages wherein the primary language of SLRC's primary service are represents the lesser of 5% or 1,000 individuals.
For help, assistance, or questions please call SLRC's Business Office at (609) 896-9500 Ext. 2235 or visit the Admissions Office located at 2381 Lawrencevile, NJ 08648.