We have a team of physical therapists, occupational therapists, and speech and language pathologists with specialized training and experience in the assessment and treatment of stroke and other neurologic conditions.This allows for the best physical, cognitive, and emotional recovery for patients following a stroke, other insult to the brain or neurologic condition. The main goal is that each patient’s specific needs are met with a targeted program implemented by highly skilled therapists. This allows each patient to achieve the highest level of function possible.
Neurologic Diagnoses that we treat:
- Parkinsons Disease
- Brain Injury and Concussion
- Brain Tumor including Acoustic Neuroma
- Side –Effects of Chemotherapy or other Cancer Treatment
- Complications after a Craniotomy
- Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Multifactorial Balance Deficits
Our therapists use a variety of state of the art equipment to maximize benefits of therapy:
- Neurocom Balance Master-an advancedbalance and mobility assessment and treatment tool that uses a highly sensitive force plate connected to a computer measures to measure a patient’s center of gravity and weight bearing symmetry as the patient performs various tasks under the close supervision of a therapist.
- Bioness H200- a neuroprosthetic device designed to improve arm function through the use of an arm splint combined with electrical stimulation
- Bioness L300- uses a sensor and electrical stimulation to assist with foot drop during ambulation and other weight bearing tasks
- BrightBrainer- a research–based gaming system that addresses both impaired cognition as well as upper extremity impairments
- Neofect Extender- assists with digit extension when a patient has flexor tone
- The Bernell Brewsterassessment tool- may be used to obtain specific information to guide vision therapy.
We offer the following valuable programs and services for recovering stroke patients:
- Driver Rehabilitation
- Vestibular Rehabilitation Program
- Dysphagia Program
- Stroke Support Group
- Neuropsychology / Psychology
- LSVT BIG and LOUD for Parkinson’s and other movement impairments
Schedule an appointment today with an experienced therapist by calling (609)896-2515.
For specific clinical questions please contact, Lisa Luskin, the Clinical Director at (609) 896-9500 ext 2383 or Lluskin@SLRC.org